Okay let’s start,
Making our children responsible is a good thing but hard to follow. Children are similar to clay we can mould them as we want them to be.
The first and foremost thing to teach children is by being an example. Teach them through your daily activities. We all agree that watching produce more results than listening, Children always watch and follow their parents and peers. We should teach them by being a responsible parent in our day-to-day life.
Follow these simple steps to guide them to be responsible,
1. We can ask them to keep their place clean, make their shelves clean by arranging their books, organizing their toys, writable in its place.
2. Always insist them to throw the wastes in dust bin. We should follow these even in public places like railway stations, airports, malls and theaters that could habitually lead them to follow in regular basis and they will starts to share the same with their friends.
3. Ask them to help you in arranging their dress. They will follow only what we are teaching them to do, all these may be helpful in their future to keep them and their place clean and a responsible person among others.
4. In today’s world water scarcity and water related problems are very high. We should teach them to save water and also to use safe water. Ask them to use only necessary water and not to waste water.
5. Most common health issues today are caused by impure water so explain them about the problems faced because of impure water, they will understand it better. Of course today’s children are smart enough to understand all these things.
6. Similarly, ask them to save electricity, which is another common issue. We can teach them the importance of using lights with low power consumption like CFL lights, switch off the lights and fans when not in use. Insist them to inform the elders to switch off the unused equipment, like TV, computer.
7. Insist your children to don’t waste food, which is the most important part of being responsible. Ask them to take enough food and share the remaining with others.
8. Always give some extra food to them in their lunch and ask them to share it with their friends. Make them to participate in charity events to distribute food, snacks, water bottle. Helping others will make them more kind.
9. Children are grown up with kindness, which makes the place better wherever it is. By creating sharing and kindness in our children, we can make the world a better place, it makes everyone feel good.
10. Sharing helps in improving child’s self-esteem by helping others. We should encourage them to help others. It motivates them to stay kind.
11. We should ask them to help others by sharing their old toys, dress or anything like that to the needy… Insist your children in voluntarily help aged people and injured animals.
12. We can start it by doing this in our home at first, by asking them to assist their grandparents, aged people in the nearby houses, in the apartments and we can take them to orphanages and old age homes regularly (especially on their birthdays) to help others and make them understand the joy of sharing :).
13. We should explain the reason for sharing and helping others, by telling them moral stories and religious stories. We should be an example for them in helping others and motivate them in sharing, and help to understand the real joy is in sharing the needy people.
14. Rewarding the kids and acknowledging their good behavior in front of our family, friends and relatives makes them feel happy, proud and intend them to continue the same.
Make the younger ones to read books related to sharing, share information about the celebrities involved in sharing and helping others.
15. Explain them not to use any harsh words to others, which makes others feel bad, embarrassing, all these will make them kind to others.
And obviously, through this simple yet powerful technique we can build great characters in our children which lead to create a better world. 🙂
Let me know your thoughts on this guidance. Do you prefer any other approach? Would you do it in another way?